28 November 2009

Clucky business

I don't think I could take responsibility for any other lives right now. And anyway, we don't have a chook house, and I don't quite feel capable of building one myself – yet! But I do love the idea of chooks in the garden. Just the shape of them, little triangular silhouettes against a background of green. So this week I found a substitute: a little trio of pottery fowl from Pots Galore! And these ones are probably safe from marauding snakes, too. (AH suggested a pottery python would make a nice addition to the scene. Haven't found one yet.)

No comments:

About me

My photo
Journalist, editor, teacher, publishing manager, education consultant….but that’s all in the past. Even further back, I could add waitress, Five-and-Dime salesgirl and my favourite title: Girl Friday! All mixed in with wife, mother, caregiver and grandmother. But nowadays, based on time spent: gardener, cook, reader, writer and whatever!